This topic is touchy for me- I have avoided talking about it much on here, but that nagging thought won't leave my dang mind, so here goes: Today, I am going to pledge to you- my amazing readers, that I am going to STOP PICKING MY SKIN! And I hope that you all will join me in this movement, for the sake of our beautiful future selves.
I have been a zit picker as long as I can remember- it started young. Some of my best memories with my sister are when we would stand side-by-side, inches from the mirror picking, popping, comparing our results. We laughed a lot during this weird pastime, but little did I know, I was doing long term damage to my skin. Unfortunately, now I deal with my acne scars on a daily basis- oh what I would give to undo what I've done. And I am ashamed to admit- I still continue to pick even now, after years in the beauty industry and knowing the harm that can be caused.
But, today is the day! No more further damage.
* * *
Read the pledge, join the movement by signing your name in the comments below- and keep your hands off! Let's do this people.
-I will stop and think about the long term results of picking before I do it. Scars last forever- a zit lasts a few days.
-I will remember that covering a red bump with makeup is much easier than a bleeding wound or a scab.
-I pledge to refrain from picking or popping blemishes, zits, and dry skin spots.
-I will exercise my self control and just keep my hands off!
***
Simple but powerful. Writing goals down has always helped me to achieve them- and pledging in public, well that's new to me. But I am hopeful that this post will help you too. Please let me know what your results are after you take the no-picking pledge too.


Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. Remember that this is a place of positive support and love for one another. Please kindly refrain from bullying and choose to keep this site a happy one. xo, Megan